Northrop Grumman JSTARS Operations Manager 2 in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Are you ready to put your management experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Global Sustainment & Modernization Division wants you to join our team as a JSTARS Opearations Manager 2 and be a part of our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Lake Charles, LA at our Aircraft Maintenance and Fabrication Center (AMFC) You will have the responsibility, authority, and accountability for leading the manufacturing activities of a given cost center including quality, cost and schedule objectives, and production accountability along with other duties.
Leading/Managing variously skilled technicians and support personnel
Ensuring compliance to all NGC policies and procedures as applicable for operations environments
Providing direction and coaching to technicians and other operations personnel in the assembly and manufacturing areas
Ensuring team members receive the required training and prepares the daily work plans in support of overall program objectives
Encouraging and providing direction for career development of employees, including educational options for highly motivated employees
Providing leadership/direction to ensure all affordability initiatives and opportunities for process improvements are systematically identified, pursued, and supported
Responsibility for daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day-to-day workflow, and operating costs).
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
1. A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years' of experience within a manufacturing environment. An additional 4 yrs of direct relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
2. A minimum of 6 years proven leadership or supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations/assembly environment
3. Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
4. Strong communications skills, both verbal and written; must be able to communicate with all levels, employees, management and customers.
5. Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance.
1. Experience creating reports, trend analysis, policy & procedure updates, and presentations to functional & program leadership using MS Office tools - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
3. FAA certification Airframe and Power plant (A&P)
4. A current Secret or higher clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production