Northrop Grumman JSTARS Final Assembly Inspector 3 in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions through diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Our JSTARS UDLM/ PDM program is seeking a Final Assembly Inspector 3 to join our diverse team in Lake Charles, LA. You will join the Quality and Mission Assurance organization which is chartered with providing the skills and experience required to support a robust Quality Management System designed to ensure products and services meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements and promote mission success.
Your duties will include:
Inspect mechanical final assembly installations of the aircraft such as fuselage, wings, flaps, landing gears, engines and tail assemblies.
Inspect fuel tank internal areas and assemblies for final closure.
Inspect systems such as hydraulic, pneumatic, oil, heat, and brakes.
Visually and physically inspect electrical installations.
Recheck work after adjustment or repair.
Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical processes or other control procedures.
Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
1. High School diploma and a minimum of 6 years of heavy aircraft maintenance / QA inspection experience on fixed wing, multi-engine aircraft
2. Able to wear respirator or other safety gear
3. Ability to apply diversification to approach a fairly routine processes
4. Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
5. Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
2. FAA A&P license
3. JSTARS E-8C UDLM/ PDM Experience including technical data knowledge
4. USAF Level 5, 7 or 9 experience
5. Familiar with Root Cause Corrective Action tools and processes
6. Experience and knowledge of AS9100 standard requirements
7. Experience and knowledge of DCMA INST 8210.1 requirements
8. Experience with Northrop Grumman Tools such as the Manufacturing Execution system (MES)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance