Northrop Grumman AMFC Mgr Contract Admin 2 / Secret / Interim Secret in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to put your contract management experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems wants you to join our team as a Contract Administration Manager 2. This position will be located in Lake Charles, LA, Oklahoma City, OK, McLean, VA or Warner Robins, GA.
In this position, you will provide senior level pre and post-award contracts administration while also managing a group of Contract Administrator(s) within the Systems Sustainment & Software Business Unit. This position plays a critical role in the success of the organization.
You will administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and non-standard contracts as well as be self-motivated and have the ability to handle urgent situations in a very busy program environment. You will be required to positively influence team members in order to maximize their efforts toward achieving program goals.
Conducting proposal preparation (preparing bids), contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
Examining performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Processing specifications, progress, and other reports; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; researching, compiling and analyzing data; and maintaining historical information.
Daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, etc.) and will provide direction to subordinates, as required, using established policies and precedents.
Development and training of contracts staff.
Primary interface with Government contracting officers as well as other Government representatives relative to contractual issues.
Ensures compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned to the operational unit.
The candidate will conduct briefings for internal and external customers.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
1. Bachelor's degree in a general area of study and 10 years relevant experience with Department of Defense contracting to include various contract types, or a Master's degree and 8 years of relevant experience.
2. Knowledge of international contracting, i.e., DCS, FMF and FMS, including ITAR
3. Knowledge of contract pricing principles, and the ability to apply sound judgment to proposal strategy, contract formation and customer relationships
4. Experience in working with internal and external stakeholders e.g., pricing, mission assurance, program management, subcontracts, business management, and supply chain management, to achieve contract execution.
5. Working knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFARS; this includes experience with research, interpretation and compliance to FARS and DFARS.
6. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills in dealing with competing priorities, deadlines, and in handling multiple tasks
7. Ability to demonstrate prior management of a team of contract administrators
8. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
9. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
1. Experience with production and systems development programs
2. Experience with Contractor Logistics Support type programs
3. Experience supporting Commercial Aircraft or Military Commercial Derivative Aircraft e.g., supporting aircraft logistics, maintenance, repair, or overhaul contracts
4. National Contract Management Association - Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
5. A current Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management