Northrop Grumman AMF OU - Principal Budget Analyst in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Are you ready to put your years of experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we want you to join our Team as a Principal Budget Analyst. This position is located in Lake Charles, LA.
In this position, you will report directly to the AMF Operating Unit Business Manager. You will apply your understanding of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); Federal Cost Principles to include direct versus indirect, allowable vs. unallowable, financial planning include Annual Operating Plan development and budgeting, and Indirect Rate Management.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
-Prepare annual Budgets and assess risks and opportunities.
-Analyze trends and review Actuals to Budgets monthly with budget owners; update forecasts as needed.
-Monthly budget reporting.
-Prepare comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds and determine rationale for variances between costs and budgets.
-Input budget forecasts into budgeting tool (1FPRS, Precision)
-Support monthly financial planning and annual LRSP/AOP planning process, as needed
-Other duties and special projects as assigned
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
2. A minimum of 6 years related Finance Analysis/Reporting and/or budget administration experience
3. Knowledge of SAP/Business Warehouse (BW)
4. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
5. Strong written and oral communication skills
1. Strong Financial background
2. Significant experience in financial reporting, planning, and analysis
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with added emphasis on advanced Excel competency
4. Experience with financial systems including SAP and BW/OLAP
5. Experience with financial planning systems such as Precision
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management