Northrop Grumman 2018 Intern - Software Engineer - New in King George, Virginia
2018 Intern - Software Engineer - New
Requisition ID: 17017294
Location(s): United States-Virginia-King George
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Join Northrop Grumman and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Maritime Modeling and Simulation team is seeking several junior level Software Engineering students to join our team in Dahlgren, VA for an internship/Co-Op position. No previous work experience is required!
The qualified applicants will support the Navy's Enterprise Modeling and Simulation initiatives. Engineers on the team analyze real world requirements and apply object oriented design and development principles to build tools that approximate Navy computer, communications, sensor, and weapon systems. Engineers also work through unit testing and integration to verify program requirements and validate software behavior in the target environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain complex real-time M&S computer programs.
- Utilize software development tracking tools that capture all new development requirements, track software defects, and
update implementation status of each item
- Establish and maintain software development tasks and reporting the technical progress
- Work with process improvement initiatives, such as Six Sigma, ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Level 5
- Working knowledge of core Computer Science and Object Oriented Software concepts.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Computer Science or Software Engineering field
- US citizenship
- Interim Secret clearance required to start
- 3.7 GPA or higher
- Familiarity with Software Engineering Practices and Software Design Patterns
- Experience/Expertise in at least one object oriented language (e.g., C , C#, Java). C preferred
- Basic platform system experience (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc).
- Model Driven System Engineering (MDSE) experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 Intern - Software Engineer - New
Location: Virginia-King George
Requisition ID: 17017294