Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU) in International, United States
Systems Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU)
Requisition ID: 18006407
Location(s): United States-x-International-International Posting
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly-qualified, mission-oriented individual looking to realize the rewards of working in an innovative and discovery-driven environment. Located in Alice Springs, AU, this is a dynamic position with opportunities for both individual activities, as well as collaborative efforts in support of a complex end-to-end system. In addition to working with other talented and experienced engineers, the successful candidate will interface with a spectrum of audiences, ranging from top-level status for customers to detailed technical exchanges with NG factory engineers. Qualified candidates must be able to work both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Principal duties include:
- Perform project engineering and integration support of installations affecting the baseline including: requirements definition, planning, coordinating, identifying and addressing impacts, preparing required documentation, and supporting testing.
- Serve as an interface between site and the NG factory Operations & Maintenance (O&M) and Development organizations for system installations/upgrades.
- Coordinate with various on-site and off-site organizations to provide appropriate resources or services in support of system installations/upgrades.
- Assist in the continuous assessment of the operations, maintenance, and engineering activities to ensure maximum availability, maintainability, and overall performance.
- Assist with long-lead conceptual trades and requirements/CONOPs definition.
- Support technical tasks relating to system software/hardware and their interfaces.
A 2-year commitment is required.
A comprehensive overseas compensations package, including relocation assistance, is provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (Science/Technical/Engineering/Math) or related discipline with 5 years related work experience OR a Master’s Degree with 3 years of applicable work experience.
- Ability to perform with a high level of attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess, and have the ability to retain, a SCI clearance with a SSBI and Counter Intelligence polygraph
- Site O&M experience
- Experience with systems of a highly complex nature
- Solid understanding of RF principles
- Experience working in geographically diverse teams and matrixed organization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU)
Location: x-International-International Posting
Requisition ID: 18006407