Northrop Grumman Operations Crew Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU) in International, United States
Operations Crew Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU)
Requisition ID: 18003624
Location(s): United States-x-International-International Posting
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an operations systems controller to work as a member of an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) crew on a rotating 12-hr shift schedule at a field site located in Alice Springs.Successful candidate will be trained on-site with the necessary skills and knowledge required for system operations. Upon certification, the operator will continue to develop operational skills, knowledge and problem solving experience for greater technical responsibilities or leadership opportunities within the operations organization. Additional shift operations duties include continuous core skill improvement training, follow-on advanced operator training, and system performance improvement tasks involving Perl programming and standard operating procedure modifications.The successful systems controller candidate will be responsible for:
- 24/7 / 365 real-time monitoring of a complex hardware/software system including normal maintenance activities and problem response/resolution
- Recognizing and reacting both as part of a crew and independently to problems in a timely manner to ensure system safety and availability
- Assisting the O&M organization in other engineering and operations tasks commensurate with the grade level
- Successfully completing an operator certification class including classroom, simulator and OJT phases
- Representing the organization in frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts with respect to with technical issues or specific projects.
The successful candidate must also:
- Be able to work within a multi-contractor badgeless team environment
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Be self-motivating with the ability to proactively complete assigned tasks
- Be willing to advance to supervisory certification levels
- Be able to sit a rotating 12-hour shift schedule with restricted breaks from the monitoring workspace
- Possess and have the ability to retain an active TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI and completion of a Counter Intelligence polygraph is required
A 2 year commitment is required. Applicant must pass physical, psychological and security/polygraph screening.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package, including relocation assistance, is provided
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM field (Science/Technology/Engineering/Math) plus 5 years operations technical experience in a 24x7 real-time mission critical operations environment.
- Current SSBI
- Experience with the hardware and/or software systems used for real-time system control
- Comfortable working with VMS, RHEL Linux or other OS’ at the command interface level
- Basic scripting skills (prefer PERL, TCL)
- General knowledge of networks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Operations Crew Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU)
Location: x-International-International Posting
Requisition ID: 18003624