Northrop Grumman Systems Engineering Manager 1 in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman
has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific
discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and
collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions
of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 1 located in
• Track record as an effective collaborator, communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good
working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the
capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
• Will gain experience developing capabilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement,
including mentoring and coaching.
• Work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program
• Champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
• The position is located in Huntsville, AL with travel to company and customer sites required up to 25% of the time
• Bachelor's of Science Degree and 6 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems Engineering,
Integration and Test engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include
decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS Clearance; active secret clearance required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities.
• An ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the organization as required to accomplish the team
• Previous experience in People and Technical Leadership roles
• Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
• MS Engineering or MBA
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• Proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/
or functional environments
• Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
• Experience as a technical leader and visionary
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering