Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer Protection/Electronic Attack in Huntsville, Alabama
Systems Engineer Protection/Electronic Attack
Requisition ID: 18010278
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers EA/EP candidates with mid-level experience for the Central Region Engineering Sector located in Huntsville, AL. We want individuals who are creative and think-out-of-the-box to perform end-to-end analysis of mission segments within the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission area and to expand concepts and capabilities for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global provider, manufacturer and integrator of advanced, secure and agile software-defined systems and solutions. We pioneer technology that saves lives and keeps our nation safe. Systems Engineer opportunities are available in three separate disciplines within System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT).
• Support development of functional, performance, and interface concepts and requirements for Electronic Protection and Electronic Attack (EP/EA) capabilities of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a model based systems engineering environment.
• Participate in development of system/component trade studies and analysis using established methodologies.
• Develops UML based design packages supporting definition, analysis, and architectures needed to document, allocate and trace BMD System and Element level requirements.
• May be responsible for the planning and progress reporting of tasks and coordination with functional and technical working group leads, senior National Team management, and government counterparts/stakeholders.
• Responsible for the documentation of requirements analysis in DOORS, System Architect, reports, and data archives. Individual will create and present briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting organization stakeholders
This position may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
• BQs for a Systems Engineer 3 : requires 5 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• BQs for a Systems Engineer 4 : requires 9 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
• Active Secret Clearance required
• Requires previous leadership experience with systems engineering processes
• Experience in successfully leading a small team of multi-functional engineers/technicians in analyzing performance of RF based systems in hostile tactical environments.
• Demonstrate knowledge/expertise in left-hand side of the Systems Engineering “V” in developing system-of-system level requirements resulting in publishing requirements and interface specification documents.
• Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with horizontal integration skills.
• Cite examples of successful customer technical engagements and conduct of technical reviews.
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously and provide performance status of time phased tasks
• Systems engineering experience in developing Electronic Attack and Electronic Protection (EA/EP) solutions for RF sensors or weapon systems.
• Experience working within a Missile Defense element such as Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Patriot, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Command Control Battle Management Communication (C2BMC). Demonstrated experience in similar mission areas acceptable (e.g., offensive/defensive electronic warfare, IAMD, air combat, etc.).
• Familiarity/experience with MATLAB to conduct analysis to determine effects of electronic attach on RF Sensors.
• Managing requirements in DOORS or similar requirements engineering tool
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer Protection/Electronic Attack
Requisition ID: 18010278