Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer for NT-E in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL to support the National Team program. The National Team provides timely, relevant BMD System level products that are critical to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and brings depth of "Reachback" ensuring affordable and effective Warfighter capabilities. It is a consortium of five major contractors working as one team providing forward thinking, industry subject matter expertise for the MDA.
• Participate in a Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) environment to develop system-of-systems requirements via system/component trade studies and analysis.
• Provide continuity across change notice development teams by assisting in the coordination of requirements product development activities.
• Perform as part of a MBSE team within the Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) mission area.
• Contributes to publishing change notices to the BMD system specification and update of requirements databases, architectural models, interface definitions, and design packages to document, allocate and trace system and element level requirements.
• Work as member of a multi-discipline team of 5-8 engineers in the execution of these tasks.
• 14 Years with Bachelors in Science in an engineering classification, mathematics or physics; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD
• Current, active Secret security clearance.
• Experience using one more of the following common MBSE tools: DOORS, UNICOM System Architect, Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, etc
• Experience supporting a DoD program.
• Ability to think and critically and effectively convey concepts in papers, presentations, and discussions
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Capable of working both independently and within a small team environment.
• Demonstrated experience modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.)
• Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems ((e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.), a discriminator in selection. Systems engineering experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.). Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
• Proficiency with either MATLAB or Mathematica
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering