Northrop Grumman Software Engineering Manager 2 in Huntsville, Alabama
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking a Software Manager 2. This role is as a Functional Manager for the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Central region functional organization. The management responsibilities
will be 20% of overall duties with remaining 80% a being technical contributor. In the Mission Systems' sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our
Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
The ideal candidate will:
Be able to demonstrate leadership and relationship building skills, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Act as an influencer of change in culture for technology transformation and shaping the future of software/firmware development.
Provide leadership support for goal planning, performance reviews, training, and overall employee development.
Develop software in a team environment with responsibility for design, code, and unit test artifacts.
Collaborate across software teams and program IPTs to accomplish project objectives.
Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
This video gives candidates a preview of the Manager Selection Process and is their first opportunity to learn more about the Manager Readiness Assessment and the overall process.
Bachelor's of Science in Software Engineering or other STEM discipline
8 years of technical experience in Software Engineering experience
Extensive development experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and C++.
Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical teams and upper management.
Proven collaboration in a team environment.
Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
Ability to obtain Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
Experience with Missile Defense and Sense/Warn based systems.
Proven skills employing user-centric design practices.
Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
Proven communications skills with armed services and government customers.
Experience leading and/or working within a functional matrix organization.
Proven experience working in an Agile environment.
Active Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering