Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr Principal Test Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Principal/Sr Principal Test Engineer located in Huntsville, AL.
• Perform test planning, monitoring and test execution activities
• Devise the test objectives, organization test policies, test strategies and test plans.
• Able to estimate the testing to be done and acquire necessary resources.
• Schedule the test for execution and then will monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Test Engineer or a Sr Principal Test Engineer level.
• Principal Test Engineer require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 9 years' experience in lieu of a degree; 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD.
• Sr. Principal Test Engineer require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 13 years' experience in lieu of a degree;7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD
• Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
• Perform test planning, monitoring and test execution experience
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborator
• Experience testing SW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities desired
• Experience in a test lead role Experience in a CMMI Level 5 organization
• Experience with automated testing
• Must be able to work in a technical team environment characterized by frequently
• changing tasks, new priorities and quick responses
• Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering