Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr Principal Test Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking a Principal/Sr Principal Test Engineer in the Huntsville, AL Site.
• Perform test planning, monitoring and test execution activities
• Devise the test objectives, organization test policies, test strategies and test plans.
• Able to estimate the testing to be done and acquire necessary resources.
• Schedule the test for execution and then will monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Test Engineer or Sr Principal Test Engineer level.
• Principal Test Engineer require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 9 years' experience in lieu of a degree; 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD.
• Sr. Principal Test Engineers require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science STEM-related field (preferred);13 years' experience in lieu of a degree;7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD
• Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborator
• Experience testing SW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities desired
• Experience in a test lead role Experience in a CMMI Level 5 organization
• Experience with automated testing
• Must be able to work in a technical team environment characterized by frequently changing tasks, new priorities and quick responses
Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering