Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr Principal Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems are seeking Principal/Sr Principal Software Engineers to join our Space Sector located in Huntsville, AL .
What You'll get to Do
• Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
• Apply "systems thinking" to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
• Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
Roles and responsibilities
• Responsible for the management of LSA 10 plus team members and functions. Provides direction to subordinates and interface with upper management
• Ensures personnel needs are met and ensures they have the tools and resources required for their jobs.
• Encourage and foster high morale
• Single point of accountability for the development, delivery, and sustainment of all assigned LSA products and analyses.
• Ensures Conduct and participate in personnel reviews and staff meetings
• Reviews field support requirements and recommends tool and test equipment. Establishes calibration requirements for field systems/equipment including all maintenance tasks
• Performs maintenance and maintainability demonstrations for customers
• Reviews handbooks for technical adequacy
• Assists in the development of maintenance engineering and logistics support.
• Plans and contributes to proposal efforts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Software Engineer or Sr Principal Software Engineer level
• Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 9 years' experience in lieu of a degree; 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD.
• Sr. Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 13 years' experience in lieu of a degree; 7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD
• Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
• Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
• Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
• Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
• Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
• Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
• Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
• Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
• Sec+ Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering