Northrop Grumman Principal - Sr. Principal Software Engineer Software in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today .
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense Systems - Huntsville, AL has a current opening for a Principal/Sr. Principal Software Engineer
What You'll get to do
• Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
• Apply "systems thinking" to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
• Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance.
• DoD-approved 8570 (IAT II or IAM I) baseline certification compliance or ability to obtain in 90 days
• Experience with working in an agile environment with the ability to work on cross-functional Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery.
• Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Familiarity with version control software and Atlassian tools. i.e. Git, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
• Familiarity with FileMaker Pro
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), Scaled Agile Framework.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with Java/C++ development.
• Experience with Systems Engineers tools (e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody)
• Experience with the following Software Development tools Artifactory (or Nexus), Jenkins, Confluence, SonarQube
• Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
• Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
• Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
This role can be filled at a level III/IV
Principal Software Engineer
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD.
• require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors' of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering