Northrop Grumman Principal /Sr. Principal Engineer Systems Modeling Simulation - Secret Clearance Required Next Generation Interceptor Program in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is searching for experienced Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineers to join the Launch Missile Defense Systems to support the Next Generation Interceptor Program in Huntsville, AL and Chandler, AZ.
These positions are contingent upon contract award anticipated in December 2020/January 2021 timeframe.
The Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer willimplement and manage system architecture in the Model Based System Engineering environment.
• Supports system design, data analyses, interface verification, testing, and failure/anomaly resolution.
• Supports the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
• Attends and prepares materials for presentation during Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
• Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and concept of operations development.
Assists Subject Matter Experts in automating and publishing their models onto the Digital Thread
Integrates analytic models with descriptive architecture models
Executes multi-disciplinary analyses and trade studies to support system design and verification activities
Trains engineers in multi-disciplinary analysis and optimization tools and processes
This position may be offered at the Principal Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer Level 3 or Sr. Principal Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer Level 4.
If offered at the Principal Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer Level 3:
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
If offered at the Sr. Principal Systems Modeling & Simulation Engineer Level 4:
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Active secret clearance is required
• Ability to travel is required ( • Systems Engineering experience is required
• Strong oral and written communication skill
• Analytic/performance modeling experience in multiple modeling tools (e.g. MATLAB, Python, NASTRAN, ANSYS) and/or domains (e.g. mechanical, electrical, aerodynamics, GNC)
• Prior experience with Multi-Disciplinary Analysis and Optimization methods (e.g. model integration, Designs of Experiments, Variable Sensitivity Analysis, Engineering Optimization)
•Strongly prefer candidates with prior ModelCenter experience/training
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering