Northrop Grumman GBSD Senior Principal System Engineer Architect - Propulsion Design, Analysis and Test in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal System Engineer/Architect to join the Fight System Team. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL or Roy, Utah and support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers in the design, analysis, manufacture and test of Post boost missile propulsion systems.
Essential Functions include:
• Developing Post Boost Propulsion system architecture
• System and component level analyses of complex fluid thermal systems
• Component engineering and testing
• Component and propulsion system manufacturing and test
• Propulsion flight operations
• Research, analysis, system design and development of missile propulsion systems, flight hardware procurement, and technical oversight with suppliers and interfacing with customers.
• Applying research to the design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• Supporting testing and flight operations as well as authoring procedures and other engineering instructions for test or operating engineers or customer use.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area (Degrees in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering highly preferred) and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Active DoD Secret government clearance.
• Relevant course work and experience in fluid mechanics, compressible flow and/or thermodynamics of propulsion systems.
• Experience with industry standard fluid/ thermal and/or mechanical analysis software, design standards and/or documentation related to propulsion system or subsystem design.
• Experience with MATLAB or similar engineering tools.
• Direct experience with designing liquid propulsion systems or fluid systems including review of relevant analysis, manufacturing drawings, authoring test procedures or hands on pressure or hot fire, engine test support.
• Current or active Secret or higher highly preferred
• Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Experience leading spacecraft liquid propulsion testing
• Experience leading hardware procurement/supply chain operations
• Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering