Northrop Grumman GBSD Senior Principal Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Software Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Designs, develops and tests displays, controls and functionality
• Designs, develops and tests simulation software for use in high fidelity simulation based training systems; training systems may include a combination of console and weapon system simulations, virtual reality, and augmented reality
• Design and develop artificial intelligence algorithms to tutor, assess and evaluate learner knowledge
• Develops and maintains databases to monitor and analyze learner and system performance
• Collaborates with Systems and Quality Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
• Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
• Performs code quality management and corrects defects
• Coordinates with HW/SW team to perform retests and regression tests once defects are corrected
Candidate should have:
• Strong experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle CI
• Strong experience with deployment automation tools such as chef, puppet or ansible
• Experience with working in a fast pace, agile environment with the ability to work on cross-function Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
• Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
• Familiarity with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework - SAFe for Lean Enterprises
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
Problem Solving: Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Discretion/Latitude: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long term perspective, for desired results.
Must have an active DoD Secret clearance with adjudication in the last 5 years
Experience with Agile software development using Java and/or C++ software development in a Linux environment
•Experience with Bash scripting
•Knowledge of Object Oriented Design
•Experience with supporting operational systems
•Experience with supporting distributed systems
•Experience in developing and supporting multi-threaded applications
•Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs, AWS Cloud Instances)
•Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
•Experience with AWS Development/Deployment
•Experience with Dockerization and Continer Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
•Active TS/SCI /w Poly security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering