Northrop Grumman Engineer Test / Prin Engineer Test in Huntsville, Alabama
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, land, sea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Test / Principal Engineer Test with hardware testing experience for our Huntsville, AL site.
- As a core member of the IBCS Integration and Test Team, support the T&E lead in the creation of defining the test objectives, test policies, test strategies and test plan for hardware testing activities.
- Experience testing SW and HW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities desired.
- Schedule software and hardware test planning, monitoring, and test execution. Then will report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results.
- Adapting the test plan, acquiring necessary resources and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Must be able to work in a technical team environment characterized by frequently changing tasks, new priorities and quick responses.
- Must be able to travel to test site locations.
- Familiar with Linux OS and scripting language.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either the Test Engineer or Principal Test Engineer levels.
BQs for a Test Engineer are - Bachelor's in Science Degree and 2 years of related experience or Master's degree and 0 years of experience
BQs for a Principal Test Engineer are - Bachelor's in Science Degree and 5 years of related experience or Master's degree and 2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset.
Experience defining the test objectives, test policies, test strategies and test plan for hardware testing activities
Experience testing SW and HW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities desired.
Experience Scheduling software and hardware test planning, monitoring, and test execution. Then will report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results.
Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment.
Willing to travel to White Sands Missile Range 25% of the time is a requirement.
Linux command knowledge and ability to obtain Sec+.
Active Secret Clearance
- Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Familiar with reading, writing, and execution of test case procedures.
- Knowledge of DoD material acquisition process and the test and evaluation component.
- Any working knowledge of the IBCS Major End Items and White Sands Missile Range operations .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering