Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems/ Principal Cyber Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Northrop Grumman Defense Combat Systems & Mission Readiness Sector is looking for Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineers to join our team based out of Huntsville, Alabama. We are leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
The Principal/Sr Principal Cyber Systems should have an understanding of Cybersecurity practices and willing to perform technical planning, system integration, verification & validation, cost & risk, and sustainment of computing systems. The candidate will be expected to apply cybersecurity practices and methodologies to all engineering phases, obtain customer or product requirements, provide secure systems engineering solutions for complex software and hardware systems, and systems of systems.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
• Develop and document technical standard operating processes and procedures as needed.
• Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration.
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
• Provide analysis, design, development, implementation and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance.
• Serve as a Cyber Security engineer (ISSE) supporting high-level technical and practical expertise
• Apply Cyber Security technologies, including COMSEC, COMPUSEC, EMSEC, and OPSEC, computer systems, digital communications systems, network protocols, computer architectures, and computer security penetration tools and techniques
• Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of Cyber Security implementation
• Support the continuous assessment of IA Control compliance for the program
• Creates milestones, metrics and monitors adherence to software plans and schedules, identifies problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or adapting to changing contractual specifications. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Cyber Systems Engineer: 2 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' degree; 0 years of experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Principal Cyber Systems Engineer : 5 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' degree; 3 years' with a Masters'; 0 years with a PHD. An additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• CISSP or CISSM certification
• Fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, network technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications;
• Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication skills, the ability to work well within a team environment, and strong analytical capabilities with the interest in applying troubleshooting skills and techniques to solve problems.
• Active DoD SECRET clearance
• Familiarity with Computer Network Defense (CND), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and/or Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) activities
• Demonstrated knowledge of network protocols (e.g. OSI Layers, ARP, IP, DHCP)
• Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/WAN configuration and security strategies
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory configuration and design strategies to include Group Policy, Certificate Services, and Forest/Domain trusts
• Installing and configuring Linux and Windows operating systems and applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages
• Familiarity with networking tools and software
• Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology