Northrop Grumman 18-784 Systems Concepts and Requirements 3/4 (Mid-Level) in Huntsville, Alabama
18-784 Systems Concepts and Requirements 3/4 (Mid-Level)
Requisition ID: 18003015
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for a Systems Concepts & Requirements Engineer Level 3 or 4. We are seeking individuals who are creative and think-out-of-the-box to perform end-to-end analysis of mission segments within the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission area and to expand concepts and capabilities for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
• Conduct performance analyses using MATLAB based modeling and simulation tools to support system engineering products for development of system and sub-system performance requirements.
• Support development, updates, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS MS&S tools to support system analysis tasks.
• Work within a focused workgroup with other engineers and subject matter experts to analyze and formulate performance and functional requirements for system-of-system level requirements specifications.
• Work in a cross-discipline product team and routinely interface with other National Team groups, technical leaders, and government personnel performing analysis tasks.
• Document analysis results in reports and briefings for critique and review by SC&R and National Team stakeholders.
• Candidate’s on-the-job performance may lead to assignment in more senior roles.
This position may be filled at either a level 3 or 4
BQs for a Systems Engineer 3 : requires 5 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics
BQs for a Systems Engineer 4 : requires 9 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
• Current, active Secret security clearance.
• Technical background in requirements development to include use of DOORS and a requirements modeling tool such as “System Architect,” “Rhapsody,” “Magic Draw” or similar tools.
• Demonstrate knowledge of one-or-more of BMDS or similar capabilities: EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, kill vehicles, missiles/interceptors, threats & countermeasures, target discrimination, or command and control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
• Ability to think critically and capture concepts in papers, presentations, and discussions.
• Must possess good communication skills.
• Capable of working both independently and within a small team environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Systems engineering experience generating system-of-system level specification requirements and interface documents.
• Experience in writing interface control documents.
• Ability to prepare, organize, and present briefings/demonstrations to senior Government Customer and Industry leadership.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 18-784 Systems Concepts and Requirements 3/4 (Mid-Level)
Requisition ID: 18003015