Northrop Grumman iReturn Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist in Hill AFB, Utah
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist. The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years.
The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years. This cohort will receive special on-boarding designed to provide an effective re-entry into the workforce. iReturn provides experienced professionals with a 12-week "returnship" to prepare for a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development and networking opportunities. Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. This cohort program will run from September - December and prepare candidates for an effective re-entry into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company. Learn more about the iReturn program here.
• Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
• Owns contractual management for the supplier.
• Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
• Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
• In conjunction with Northrop Grumman's quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as suppliers' ability to support required delivery schedules.
• Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
• Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures, including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of subcontract administration tasks.
• Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organizations so that proper receipt of deliveries is recorded.
• Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
• Reviews and approves supplier payments, if required.
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.HUNTSALMSTR
• A current career break of at least two years.
• 3 Years with Bachelors; 1 Year with Masters. (Note - Additional experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree)
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain; US Citizenship required
• Contracts and/or subcontracts experience on US Government contracts, including negotiations Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS regulations
• Experience working within a Government approved purchasing system
• SAP System experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Administrative Services