Northrop Grumman Hardware Engineering Manager 3 (Alice Springs, AU) in International Posting,
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) has an opening for a Hardware Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Alice Springs, Australia.
In this role, you will support the Rushmore program located in Alice Springs, AU as the Ground Terminal & Infrastructure (GT&I) Manager responsibile for a team of greater than 20 hardware and software maintenance personnel in a 24x7 real-time operational environment and to ensure compliance with customer and company standards and policies.
The GT&I Manager will lead and manage a diverse team of hardware maintenance, engineering and system admin/network admin personnel to accomplish:
• Coordination and execution of required system maintenance events
• On-call problem resolution response, investigation and recovery support in conjunction with a CONUS factory O&M organization
• Troubleshooting and corrective actions
• Development and execution of training to satisfy program requirements, as well as effecting knowledge transfer to ensure no gaps in skills required to maintain high mission availability
• Support to installation of hardware baseline changes
• Proactive health & status trending with the objective of identifying issues before they impact operations
Additional project responsibilities will include:
• Building effective team relationships and interactions with customer, external organizations, other site and factory O&M counterparts and system development points of contact
• Actively supporting O&M process improvement activities, with a customer-prescribed focus on efficiencies
• Represent hardware and system/network in the Enterprise Risk & Opportunity and CM/DM management process
• Identifying, prioritizing, assigning, tracking and reporting accomplishment of tasks across contract, site and customer requirements
Functional responsibilities will include:
• Defining staffing requirements and recruiting qualified personnel
• Supporting professional development and mentoring of team members, to include training and knowledge transfer
• Evaluating performance of team members (annual review process, goal setting)
• Ensuring compliance with customer and company standards and policies
• Supporting strategic planning activities
A two year commitment is required. Applicant must pass physical, psychological and security/polygraph screening.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package, including relocation assistance, is offered with this position.
Bachelor's degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution with at least seven (7) years of experience in hardware/software/IT engineering and/or hardware/software/IT management; OR Master's degree with five (5) years of experience in hardware/software/IT engineering and/or hardware/software/IT management
Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading project, people, or programs
Ability to attract, retain and develop talent and execute a cohesive strategy to create an inclusive culture and build an engaged workforce
Demonstrated proposal management and development experience within budget and schedule
Hardware/Software maintenance or development experience
Ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs across multiple CONUS/OCOUS sites and time zones.
Active TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI and polygraph examination adjudicated positively within the last 5 years
Experience with Rushmore, COAST, or ARIS Programs with Operations & Maintenance (O&M) experience at field sites
Experience in navigating the interface between development contracts and O&M
Experience with complex RF and digital system preventive and corrective maintenance
Experience in management of System Administration / Network Administration functions
Demonstrated project management skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering