Northrop Grumman OG X-Ray Directorate/Division Chief/Shift Leader in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
OG X-Ray Directorate/Division Chief/Shift Leader
Requisition ID: 18002913
Location(s): United States-Kansas-Fort Leavenworth
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Manager Team Leader 1 Section and Division Chiefs/Shift Leaders for Operations Group X-Ray, Mission Command Training Program (MCTP) simulation command post exercises to train Division and Corps Commanders and their staffs during Warfighter and Mission Rehearsal exercises. As an Exercise Support Directorate Chief, is responsible for supervising 12 full-time employees in the preparation of Opposing Force orders, Simulation Control Plans, and other contract deliverables in support of Mission Command Training Program Seminars, and Warfighters. During exercises, directs activities of subordinates assigned (60 to 100 per shift) as a shift leader in OG X Control at the Regional Simulation Center (RSC). As Shift Leader, monitors the simulation and role-playing activities of subordinates and the performance of command post players during exercise in coordination with multiple exercise location sites. Performs actions to ensure a fluid and accurate simulation game is presented to exercise units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises the activities of 12 full-time Work Area Commanders (WAC)/Contractor Point of Contacts (CONPOC) assigned to a Plans Directorate on a daily basis developing exercise scenario plans to train Division and Corps Commanders and their staffs.
2. Supervises the preparation of the computer simulation by placing units assigned, ensuring situated to the terrain and is tactically correct representation based on combat orders and the scenario.
3. Consolidates inputs from exercise support staff and OG X-Ray Analysts and prepares contractor exercise after action reports and other supporting documentation as required.
4. Ensures assigned personnel are trained and tactically correct representation based on combat orders and the scenario.
5. Ensures fidelity of the scenario is maintained throughout the exercise period.
6. Generates reports as directed.
7. Keeps Team Leadership apprised of current and unusual activity.
8. May deploy to various countries, as required, in support of U.S. military operations.
7. As ESD/SSD/SDD Chief coordinates all aspects of the planning of OG X support to multiple MCTP exercise rotations in conjunction with other Directorate and Division Chiefs; ESD/SSD acts as the shift leader at the Regional Simulation Center during execution phase of exercise.
a. Bachelor’s Degree – 9 Years Experience or Master’s Degree – 7 Years Experience
b. US Army Command and General Staff Officer Course, or MEL 4 equivalent Intermediate Level Education (ILE)
c. US military service as a Field grade officer (Major, LT Colonel, Colonel)
d. Familiar with current Army/Joint doctrine. Highly proficient with MS Office suite of software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
Security: Must have, or be able to obtain, a DoD SECRET Clearance.
a. Graduate degree. MEL 1 War College graduate
b. Two years experience in design, planning, configuration, and conduct of large-scale computer simulation exercises.
c. Previous experience in computer assisted simulation training. Experienced in WARSIM simulation.
d. Brigade or higher staff officer experience.
e. Previous experience in MCTP in the WCOPFOR, in OG-X, or as an OC/T.
f. Previous experience with the WARSIM simulation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: OG X-Ray Directorate/Division Chief/Shift Leader
Location: Kansas-Fort Leavenworth
Requisition ID: 18002913