Northrop Grumman Entry Level- Web Content Administrator- Falls Church, VA in Falls Church, Virginia
Entry Level- Web Content Administrator- Falls Church, VA
Requisition ID: 18009006
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Falls Church
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Web Specialist that will support the stand up, design, population, management and administration of our internal web-enabled resource sites such as the employee development center. The Web Content Administrator will support several websites built in a Microsoft Office SharePoint 2010 and 2013 environment including internally facing collaboration and information sharing sites across HR disciplines.
Incumbent should have a strong foundation and understanding of overall web-development principles including information architecture, accessibility and web design strategies. Must work well with teams, adjust to a high paced environment and effectively communicate on the progress and through all phases of projects/deliverables. Work location is Fall Church, VA.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with internal web-related initiatives including the oversight of IT resources, project plans and high-level requirement gathering supported websites.
• Assist with strategic planning for future web enhancements or new web requirements working with key functional stakeholders.
• Maintain current knowledge of web content design ensuring we keep up with the most current web trends.
• Provide recommendations to leadership regarding web solutions that will benefit the organization and end users.
• Define and maintain associated process definitions (i.e., content management, governance).
• Assist with governance, operations and technical planning meetings associated with content development and maintenance.
• Collaborate with technical experts to develop the site and integrate other systems for an optimal user experience.
• Conduct design and implementation reviews with varying levels of stakeholders.
• Maintain content from over 20 content owners.
• Monitor site and develop methods to encourage social media/interaction.
• Resolve technical or collaborative issues as required.
• Exhibit strong problem-solving skills.
• Effectively communicate with management and all stakeholders all deliverables are completed timely and efficient manner.
• Respond to stakeholder concerns and user feedback / questions.
• Optimize the utilization of SharePoint to maximize and provide usability data back to management for information and decision making purposes (via traffic / usage reports, for example).
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
• Ability to work on multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
• Good interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence and consult with leadership, functional stakeholders and technical specialists.
• Must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills.
• Must be a proactive, self-starter who is passionate about use of web channels to support business strategy.
Bachelors or Masters in Information Technology, Computer Science, Web Design or in a related discipline.
Proven experience performing similar work
Proven experience leading web-related projects
Experience within a SharePoint 2010 or 2013 environment
Skilled in transforming verbal descriptions of required functionality and design requirements into design mock ups andtechnical requirements
Proven ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team, particularly without formal authority over others
Minimal travel required as needed
Must be a US citizen
Must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 or higher
Experience designing and maintaining websites within a Talent Management or HR environment
Ability to track and analyze web metrics and monitor for trends with support from other functional and technicalresources
Strong working knowledge of a variety of web technologies and best practices including workflow engines
Ability to write and publish HTML content
Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and 2013, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Visio and PowerShell
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Entry Level- Web Content Administrator- Falls Church, VA
Location: Virginia-Falls Church
Requisition ID: 18009006