Northrop Grumman Director, University Recruiting in Falls Church, Virginia
Northrop Grumman is seeking a University Recruiting director to join our team of innovative, diverse individuals. Preferred location for this position in Falls Church, Virginia. The qualified applicant will lead Northrop Grumman's Corporate University Relations & Recruiting (UR&R) organization - a group of individuals dedicated to attracting and developing a pipeline of diverse early career talent.
In this role, the director will help lead/manage a team of Talent Acquisition business partners to provide functional leadership and oversight for entry-level hiring needs and summer interns working at locations across the country. The director will also take a lead role in managing relationships at key universities and engage executive sponsors across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience, working in a transformational environment, and will have a strong ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to inspire confidence, motivate teams and build relationships will be critical. An in-depth understanding of strategic hiring processes, high volume recruiting management, hiring event management, and key recruiting metrics are essential competencies for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead a team responsible and accountable for the centralized Northrop Grumman University Recruiting & Relations strategy, execution, and hiring outcomes aligned to the business needs
• Provide leadership to sector UR&R teams to ensure cross-sector regional support
• Partner with sector leads to solicit hiring demands regionally
• Liaison and partner with the university executive sponsors and ambassadors
• Provide strategic direction to ensure a positive candidate experience
• Support strong business-partner relationships with peers and stakeholders at all levels (including Human Resources and functional and technical leadership)
• Design and provide program communication and training plan for all stakeholders
• Provide leadership and support for other strategic and operational UR&R initiatives
• Proven track record for producing hiring results
• Ability to prepare and execute innovative and forward-thinking recruiting strategies
• In-depth understanding of equal employment regulations and compliance governing all aspects of recruitment, selection, and placement
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently of direct supervision
• Able to interface with customers and stakeholders at all levels
• A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related degree, and minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience and leadership in designing recruitment and staffing strategies for entry-level and university hiring (8 years with a Master's degree)
• Knowledge of Northrop Grumman organization structure, services and benefits, job classifications and salary structure
• Experience managing College Relations and Recruiting and developing and executing College Diversity strategies and programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Human Resources