Northrop Grumman Resource Manager- Project Staffing in Fairfax, Virginia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Resource Manager with experience leading and managing the recruiting and hiring efforts of a large program for a restricted customer. The selected candidate will support the transformation of the workforce and partner to drive work share allocations. The candidate should have experience in a high-volume, fast paced environment with demonstrated experience collaborating with program leadership, talent acquisition and other functional teams as necessary.
The Resource Manager will be responsible for coordinating and collaborating with program staffing managers and mission area leads; validating candidates' qualifications to fill customer requirements; preparing status reports; identifying issues and risks; and developing resolutions to meet customer satisfaction goals and objectives. This person will need to have full working knowledge of the customer's mission and organization; direct mission experience supporting the customer; and a full understanding of program deliverables and critical milestones potentially impacted by human capital requirements.
This position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
• Represent Northrop Grumman to the customer and to subcontracted partners in pursuit of providing timely critical support personnel possessing a variety of skills;
• Work directly with proposed candidates to create thorough, well edited, and compelling qualifications matrices that result in a high rate of first-time acceptance by the customer;
• Leverage and partner with TA and HR colleagues in operations, subcontracts, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, and organizational effectiveness (OE) to support talent strategies;
• Identify TA trends, risks, and opportunities within the program and develop solutions in partnership with the program management team;
• Manage online dashboard, highlighting staffing needs;
• Regularly communicate with teammates regarding staffing needs;
• Prepare status reports for staff augmentation;
• Manage interviewer schedules and requirements;
• Conduct interviews of potential candidates;
• Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to promote good business decisions;
• Provide business insight through data analysis, research, and benchmarking.
• Contribute to and develop formal internal reporting deliverables to provide staffing insight to senior leadership.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of customer project management or resource management experience.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience leading projects or managing diverse teams.
• Experience developing reports and using data to communicate status, progress, issues, and risk mitigation plans to leadership.
• Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
• Superb communication skills and the ability to establish strong rapport and credibility as a forward-looking thought leader;
• Proven ability to influence for impact at all levels and develop an internal network to gain support for best resource management practices.
This position is contingent upon successful clearance crossover and customer approval.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management