Northrop Grumman Program Execution Manager (M3) in Fairfax, Virginia
Defining Possible is what drives us at Northrop Grumman. We are 90,000 people strong - with careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space - working as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to create a better world.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, Networked Information Systems (NIS) Division, is seeking a Senior Manager, Program Management. In this exciting and challenging role, the Program Manager will enable highly performing program execution, implementing the strategy of the broader organization. Acceptable locations for this role are: Fairfax, VA, Baltimore, MD, or San Diego, CA.
The primary objective will be to ensure all programs are executed in a manner that meets or exceeds yearly financial goals and customer requirements, creating customer intimacy in support of value creation strategies.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead a matrixed team dedicated to improving program performance across a division that executes greater than $2B in annual sales
• Identify systemic issues impacting program performance across the division and implement corrective actions and mitigation strategies
• Lead independent program reviews with wide-ranging focus areas across various program types and phases
• Monitor and improve program reporting metrics to provide better insight into program performance
• Support initiative to digitally transform the PM function across the division, working with key sector and corporate stakeholders
• Mentor/coach/train program managers to address key development needs/gaps
• Represent division as part of sector program management community of practice
• Participate in business unit program review sessions
• Assist in the development of briefings to internal division leaders
Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of relevant program management experience supporting Department of Defense and/or Government contracts
Strong collaboration skills with the ability navigate a matrix environment
Experience working in a Lean Agile environment
Active Top Secret security clearance required with a valid background investigation; ability to obtain SCI clearance
Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI
Familiarity with Northrop Grumman policies and procedures
Previous experience leading independent program reviews
Previous experience with digital transformation initiatives, including advanced data analytics and visualization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management