Northrop Grumman Engineer Electronics 2 in El Segundo, California
Engineer Electronics 2
Requisition ID: 17027900
Location(s): United States-California-El Segundo
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Development Integrated Communications Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The Development Integrated Communications Engineer 2 is responsible for design, development, integration, and test of aviation related communications systems for a developmental program. The ideal candidate has excellent verbal and written communications skills with the aptitude to learn new material quickly. They must be a self-directed performer with strong communication skills with a desire to perform multi-disciplinary technical trades. This person should have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently perform RF communication system analysis (link budgets, antenna design and signal characteristics) and system performance trade studies
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Independently perform review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration
- Requirements management, system integration, test development/execution of various types of communications systems.
- Plan out integration, test, and demonstration activities.
- Perform responsible engineering activities to manage suppliers and ensure products meet the requirements within cost and schedule.
- Contribute to design packages as subject matter experts for external suppliers.
- Contribute to design packages for Prime’s higher level design reviews.
- Perform proposal activities such as creating task descriptions & basis of estimates, writing supplier statements of work, and performing technical evaluation of Supplier proposals.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings:
Unique ID: elepay
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering (Electrical/Computer Science, Mechanical, or Aerospace) or related technical discipline (Physics, Mathematics) with a minimum of 2 years related experience or a Master's STEM Degree
- Practical working experience with various types of RF systems
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- Must possess strong technical knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering.
- Masters Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline (Computer, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical)
- Experience with the integration and test of aviation related communications systems or component sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory.
- SCI clearance with Active SSBI required with investigation date in last 5 years.
- Prior Unit/Subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience.
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development, Production, Operations) and experience managing teams.
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Electronics 2
Location: California-El Segundo
Requisition ID: 17027900