Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Mechanical in Edwards AFB, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer Mechanical to join our team.
This position will be primarily located at Edwards Air Froce Base, CA with minimal travel to other local sites (Mojave, CA) and assigned to day shift.The selected candidate will become part of the Liaison Engineering team within the Vehicle Engineering IPT and responsibilities include:
· You will be a member of a multi-disciplined team responsible for providing liaison engineering support for the HALE program
· You will be working with subsystems installations and composite & metallic structures
· You will be performing timely dispositions for nonconforming parts, assemblies, and installations.
· You will be working as part of a Material Review Board (MRB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
· You will be working with a team of engineers coordinating with multiple disciplines to determine solutions to problems quickly and efficiently.
· Some of the tools you'll be using are CATIA V5 and TeamCenter.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline from accredited institution with minimum 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; minimum 3 Years with Masters; minimum 0 Years with PhD.
• Experience with MRB & ECR (Engineering Change Request) process
• Experience with CATIA V5 and/or TeamCenter or other CAD program
• Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance
MRB/LE Authority for Engineering
Current Active In-Scope DOD Secret
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering