Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
National Security Space programs include technical roles at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. This Staff Systems Engineer position will be located in our Dulles, VA location. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national system programs.
Staff Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
• Preparing design reviews
• Writing statements of work for suppliers
• Defining and managing hardware and software interfaces
• requirements development and requirements verification
• This senior role will include customer interface
• interactions with internal engineering associates and program management
• The role may require assisting in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
Qualified candidates will be familiar with specifying and procuring avionics components and functional lab testing. Candidate will be familiar with working in multi-discipline teams to develop hardware and software systems. As a senior position, the role also includes responsibilities for knowledge transfer and mentoring of junior engineers.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical field & 14 years applicable experience; Master's Degree & 12 years applicable experience.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with current Top Secret level clearance
• Experience with system analysis, design, and development.
• Experience in one or more of the following system development tasks: trade studies, mass and power budgeting, systems architecting, requirements derivation and verification
• Experience with electrical hardware testing
• Familiarity with development of electrical hardware
• Familiarity with DC power systems and electrical systems concepts including EMI / EMC, communication protocols, failure analysis, and safe to mate testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering