At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Tier 1 Crew Support/Vehicle Engineer (Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer)
This position is for a full-time technical role in Dulles, VA or El Segundo, CA (100% on site). The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Provide mission operations support to Satellite programs including ground system and on-orbit vehicle/sustaining engineering.
• Support activities such as system problem/anomaly resolution support, data trending, operational product updates, and performance analyses
• Lead/Coordinate other systems engineers to conduct anomaly review board investigations as necessary.
• Investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures
• Support operations readiness activities including configuration control board and other customer meetings
• Support operations, including shift work which will include 12 hour and night shifts
• Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required.
• Supporting the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations including customer and external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks
• Perform demonstrations and conduct briefings explaining how to utilize mission systems to accomplish task-based objectives
• Performing quantitative risk analysis
• Providing 24x7on-call support to lead the resolution of system issues and anomalies. May involve periodic rotating crew shifts to maintain proficiency.
• Provide status reporting through both the functional and program reporting branches.
• Maintain standards associated with the established Integrated/Developmental Operations functional group processes.
• Support internal and external customer meetings through proficient verbal and documented (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel) communications.
• May require travel ~ 40% of the time for support of customer, training, or launch support. (Travel expected to be 134 days, two 7-day trips and one 120-day trip)
This position can be filled as a Principal (level 3) or Sr Principal (level 4) depending on experience and qualifications.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or related STEM discipline
• 5 years (level 3) or 9 years (level 4) of relevant experience
• Active TS/SCI U.S. Government Security Clearance required
• Ability to work within a group of diversified individuals with varying backgrounds to achieve mission success.
• Knowledge and experience in satellite operations engineering disciplines to include attitude control, power management, thermal control, propulsion, command and data handling, flight and ground software, and anomaly determination and resolution
• Previous experience with troubleshooting, anomaly resolution and performing analysis on operational systems
• Experience writing technical documents for external customers
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers at milestone reviews
• Be able to make decisions under high pressure environments and maintain composure in stressful situations
• Willing and able to support a 24x7 environment which will require shift work
• Willing and able to travel for an extended period of time
• Leadership experience within a diverse team of engineers/operators
• Ability to task and manage a group of diversified individuals with varying backgrounds to achieve mission success.
• Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
• Experience with at least one S/C Subsystem (ADCS, CDH, COMM, EPDS, Thermal, FSW).
• Support mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
• Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/tools: MATLAB, Python, SIMULINK, Fortran, Java, C/ C+ • Experience with rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) or formation flight
• Background/fundamental understand of performing statistical analysis
• Experience operating Tactical Space Systems bus product lines is strongly desired.
• Experience using Tactical Space Systems ground software products is strongly desired.
Salary Range: $107,000 - $150,000
Salary Range 2: $133,000 - $189,000
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.