Northrop Grumman Principal/RF Microwave Design Engineer - Space Systems in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
Northrop Grumman Space designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
In this role you will:
• Design and analyze communications systems for satellite applications. You must be familiar with RF analyses such as link budgets, digital modulation/coding, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, etc.
• Understand requirements flow-down from top-level customer documents through subsystem-level definition to component-level specification. You will be expected to produce clear, concisely written documents that will be used as the technical basis for high dollar value procurement of RF equipment such as converters, filters, receivers and high power amplifiers.
• Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external customers. You will have regular interaction with the internal engineering and program management team as well as external customers
• Provide oversight of performance specifications, interface control drawing, and statement of work generation. You will work with potential subcontractors to ensure any technical solution meets the top-level customer's needs while satisfying system and program constraints
• After transition from concept to production program, you may also support ongoing technical interface with the subcontractors during testing, component manufacturing, as well as integration and test of the communications system including unit-level functional and environmental testing, spacecraft level testing, and in-orbit checkout
• Have familiarity with the operation of standard RF test equipment (i.e., spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers)
• Possess experience in the areas of satellite communications subsystem design, operation, and/or repair and maintenance
Designs, develops, tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers.
Job Category : Engineering