Northrop Grumman Principal / Sr. Principal Thermal/Mechanical Engineer (Top Secret) in Dulles, Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Principal and/or Sr. Principal Mechanical/Thermal Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers performing mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Performing thermal analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products.
• Analyzing requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems.
• Selecting applicable analytical data from previous products and determine the technical principles involved.
• Mathematically defining problems and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the products.
• Releasing results as "technical documents" after review by the senior members of the team.
• Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
• Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
• Developing, coordinating, and conducting test programs required to evaluate design work.
This position can be filled at the Principal and/or Sr. Principal Mechanical/Thermal Engineer level.
Principal Mechanical/Thermal Engineer 3: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus Thermal/Heat Transfer Analysis highly preferred) and 5+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 3+ years; 0 Years with a PhD
Sr. Principal Mechanical/Thermal Engineer 4: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Thermal/Heat Transfer Analysis highly preferred) and 9+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 7+ years; 4 with PhD.
Current or Active Secret, Top Secret or higher level clearance.
Ability to perform thermal engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and/or testing of structures.
Experience with at least one of the following Thermal Analysis tools such as Thermal Desktop, SINDA or equivalent spacecraft thermal analysis tools.
Experience with spacecraft or subsystem thermal testing
Experience utilizing MATLAB
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering