Northrop Grumman Principal Network Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Dulles, Virginia. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services support team supporting operations at our East Coast campuses. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
• Plan, evaluate, and coordinate installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provide regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems; solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts; represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Available for 24/7 support when needed.
• The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, systems administrators, and computer/facility organizations. Multi-tasking with good communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience OR Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Active certifications in CCNA, Network+ & Security+ or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
• Experience with LAN, CAM and WAN.
• Knowledge of Network Security Compliance requirements.
• Experience with classified network design, government grade encryption gear such as TACLANES and Cisco hardware.
• Active certifications in CCNA, Network+ & Security • Knowledge of Windows OS.
• Knowledge of Linux OS.
• Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology