Northrop Grumman Manufacturing Technician 3 in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
This Manufacturing Technician 3 should be capable and experienced in working in a broad based manufacturing environment. Technician will work with a team of several people including Manufacturing Engineers and Production Planners. Will ultimately report to Manufacturing Manager.
The candidate must work well alone and within a team environment. Must possess good problem solving skills, organizational skills, communication skills, and work with limited supervision. Must be a self-starter, must be self-motivated, and a team player. Familiarization with ESD, FOD, 5S, and Tool Control required.
• A High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience in the above manufacturing processes
• Ability to read and interpret assembly documentation
• Must have the ability to be certified to applicable NASA and IPC J-STD processes as they apply to hand soldering operations.
• Basic PC skills
• Ability to learn new production software to record movement of product (MES)
• Knowledge of ESD safety
• Ability to work in collaborative team environment
• Familiar with operating and troubleshooting Universal Fuzion Xc2-37 placement machines. Including daily maintenance, set-up and tear down.
• Must operate Convection Reflow Oven.
• Use of Speedline MPM Stencil Printer
• Familiar with solder paste and adhesive handling processes
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and some holidays.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production