Northrop Grumman Lithium-Ion Battery Engineer - Space Systems in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
We have an opening for a Lithium-Ion Battery Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Tactical Space organization. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
In this role you will:
· Perform analysis of complex battery systems
· Without detailed direction, decompose system level requirements and related performance criteria to the battery system level
· Develop a performance specification and subcontract statement of work
· Lead the effort to incorporate a wide range of battery architectures into a variety of Northrop Grumman satellite systems
· With general direction, plan, prepare, and complete all design and development activities and provide technical oversight to subcontractors
· Perform all detailed analysis and follow up to assure compliance with all technical, program and contractual requirements
· Develop a detailed test program to evaluate battery systems in accordance with stated requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for technical, cost and schedule performance for a variety of space-flight battery development and procurement efforts
· Participate in pre-proposal cost and technical assessments
· Participate in internal customer and external subcontract design reviews
· Assist in establishing written best practices, guidelines, procedures and instructions for proper handing and test of batteries on the ground and on orbit
Job Category : Engineering