Northrop Grumman Inventory Material Control Support 1 in Dulles, Virginia
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Tactical Space Business Unit is seeking Inventory Material Specialist 1 to join our team. This position is located in Dulles, VA and will be on 1st shift. This is an entry level position.
The individual will receive daily inbound package and freight shipments from carriers including unloading and forklift operations as required.
• Un-package inbound shipments, prepare receipts in inventory control system, and route items to receiving inspection or stage for distribution.
• Process ready for stock transactions as required.
• Coordinate all off site warehouse storage and retrieval requests and transport/retrieve items from off-site warehouse upon request including warehouse inventory tracking system updates.
• Metrics/Data Collection/Stockroom Operations/5S
Compile stockroom metrics data to facilitate monthly reporting.
• Generate/distribute periodic limited life material listings to planning.
• Process ongoing monthly cycle counts.
• Compile 5S data to facilitate monthly reporting including 5S board maintenance and updates.
• Process all inventory transactions including ready for stocks, location transfers, reservations, kits, inter/intra program transfers, returns to stocks, incoming customer furnished materials, and etc.
Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received, in stock, or issued. Requisitions needed supplies; verifies material received to determine irregularities in order; inspects articles and rejects defective ones. Prepares inventory records and reports and investigates discrepancies in stock counts.
•Inventory Material Specialist 1: Minimum of a High School Diploma and 0 years of planning, shipping, or inventory experience
• U.S Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Security clearance
• Experience in industry management solutions applications
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Strong understanding of excel and word perfect programs.
• Must concisely communicate build fabrication and material status within and outside of the organization both verbally and in written form.
• Inventory control experience
• Space component handling experience (i.e. ESD, humidity sensitive, fragile materials)
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production