Northrop Grumman Associate Electrical Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Associate Electrical Engineer is expected to apply basic electrical engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to:
Perform basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
Rapidly troubleshoot and isolate system level problems discovered during test activities or production and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier issues, and recommend near-term workaround.
Perform verification testing and/or data collection to support the implementation of corrective actions including technical analysis, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or computer programs.
Develop and write technical documentation, make revisions to existing documentation, and provide input to technical papers or presentations.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree (ex:Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Design, Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering) • Upper level course work in one or more of the following areas: circuit design, VHDL coding, digital signal processing, power electronics, control theory, radio frequency electronics or optical design.
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, System Vision, MATLAB, and Mathcad.
•A broad understanding of hardware, firmware, software, components, and subsystems.
A desire to understand how parts of an electronic subsystem interact.
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
Minimum overall GPA of 3.25
Prior internship or research experience in related field
Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Previous/current membership or leadership roles in professional groups, clubs, or extracurricular activities is desired.
Experience in detailed hardware design.
Experience in integration and test of CCAs and firmware, and into higher-level assemblies.
Familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis
Good Analysis and problem solving abilities
A current Top-Secret security clearance. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering