At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Non Destructive Test Tech 3 to join our Nondestructive Testing (NDT) team at our Promontory, Utah office.
We are seeking individuals to enter a highly rewarding career path in Nondestructive Testing. These positions within the Quality organization are responsible for critical inspections of aerospace assemblies. For this position, technicians are required to provide prior NDT experience documentation and certification that will meet NAS 410 current revision requirements. Technicians with prior NDT experience, including existing Level 2 certifications, will be trained to inspect product for NASA and other customers.
• The primary focus will be in the area of radiographic inspection (RT) of rocket motors using digital systems and Ultrasonic Testing inspection (UT) of metal and composite components. Personnel currently holding other Level 2 or 3 certifications are encouraged to apply.
• Support of other NDT methods will include Magnetic Particle (MT), Dye Penetrant (PT), Eddy Current (ET), Infrared Thermography (IRT), and/or Leak Testing (LT)
• Handling and movement of energetic and non-energetic parts and components is required to perform inspections.
• Continual cross train in other NDT methods will be provided if not already certified.
• Overtime, weekend, and shift work will be required
Experience Requirements for level 3:
• Current Level 2 certification in radiographic inspection (RT) with a minimum of documented 4 years of aerospace experience in a quality organization utilizing a Level 2.
• Current Level 2 certification in any of the following methods: ultrasound, eddy current, dye penetrant, magnetic particles, leak testing.
• Ability to provide certification and experience records per NAS 410 is a necessity.
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
• Must pass the 20/25 Snellen or Jaeger No. 1 vision test for NAS 410 certification
• Advanced PC skills including proficiency with MS Office products, and electronic planning and drawings.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English.
• Experience with specification and drawing interpretations.
• Familiarity with basic dimensional inspection equipment/ hand tools.
• Perform physical requirements of this position including lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality, ability to work over time, and other shifts as required
• Interface with other sources; i.e., functional areas, customers, source personnel and government representatives for acceptance of hardware at required inspection points. Perform other duties as required.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen Able to obtain Employee Possessor designation from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
• Background in NDT of Aerospace products
• 5+ years of documented hours as an NDT Level 2 inspector in at least two NDT methods; in order of preference: Radiography (RT), Ultrasound (UT), Eddy Current (ET), Dye Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT). RECORDS REQUIRED
Salary Range: $53,300 - $88,800
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs