At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking Manufacturing Technician 3 to work with our Mix / Cast / Flare teams at our Promontory facilities .
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Production Operator performs hands on activities/tasks associated with manufacturing and assembling Flares, Specialty Products, and Solid fuel rocket motors. Tasks may include but are not limited to Tooling/Assembly/Disassembly, Case Surface Preparation, Final Product Assembly, Chemical Mixing/Casting, and Propellant Ingredient Handling, Maintaining cleanliness of work area and facilities, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Participates as a team member to positively influence and enhance the safety, quality, cost and scheduling of their team.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 4 to 6 years of manufacturing (product assembly) experience.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Able to obtain Employee Possessor designation from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
• Safe handling of hazardous materials
• Operating industrial equipment such as cranes, forklifts, precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Job function may require handling of live propellant related materials.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Must be willing to perform shift work and work on weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work overtime as required
• Must possess a valid state driver's license
• Able to successfully pass the Safe Explosive Act (SEA) background check
• Able to pass a respirator FIT test.
• Able to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.).
• Able to read, comprehend and follow established written instructions without deviation
• Perform basic math and measurement functions
• Must be able to pass and obtain a Government Security Clearance
Salary Range: $48,800 - $81,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs