At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Machinist 3 to join our Machine Shop team at our Promontory, Utah plant.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
This job involves machining parts per specification by setting up and operating CNC equipment. The Machinist is responsible for: quality of the product by performing both in-process and final part inspections, care and maintenance of the equipment, assuring tooling and materials readiness, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. This position will require the individual to provide training to others in all aspects of CNC equipment setup, operation and maintenance.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
• Proven track record training mid to upper skill level machine operators
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Candidate must have 4+ years experience on 3 Axis CNC machines, 4 and 5 Axis a plus
• Must have experience running manual machines and performing set-ups
• Experience with OSP and/or Fanuc Controller preferred
• Ability to read and interpret production specifications, production diagrams, assembly drawings, and technical specifications (English)
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints
• Expert in GD&T
• Experience in following written set-up instructions and /or performing unique set-ups
• Demonstrated ability to resolve unforeseen, unique issues as they arise in machining a part(s)
• Experience in complex measurements and advanced shop math calculations relative to tolerances, dimensions, tooling, and feeds and speeds
• Ability to understand and work with knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and disciplines
• Perform other related work assignments special projects, and other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Supervisor or Shift Lead
• Experience fabricating component parts where set-ups are non-routine and tolerances are difficult to acquire and maintain
• Expert on materials and machining processes
• Able to work overtime and weekends as required
• Able to work in a standing position for extended time periods
• Able to lift or move a minimum of 35 -50 lbs. for up to 12 hours per day; pushing or pulling 35 -50+ lbs. occasionally throughout the work day
• A minimum of a 2 year technical degree and/or a certificate in machine shop technology.
• 4 Years related machining experience. Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
• Prefer experience machining energetic materials.
Salary Range: $48,800 - $81,400
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.