Northrop Grumman Supply Chain Program Manager- Space Components in Commerce, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
• Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more Link: https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/Pages/default.aspx
Northrop Grumman Space Components Business Unit is seeking a Supply Chain Program Manager to join our team. This position will be located in Commerce, CA.
The successful candidate manages all procured material and services for a program, group of programs or product value stream. Coordinates activities of materials planning from engineering through manufacture. Represents Supply Chain to Customer, Program Management, and Northrop Grumman Management. Focus is on managing suppliers and internal planning and support to procurement. Responsible for total supplier performance for the program. May supervise others.
• Focal point for coordinating the assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc.
• Responsible for preparing and executing Material Buy Plan for assigned program(s) and/or product value stream
• Basic technical knowledge of the assigned program(s)
• Sometimes acts as a deputy program manager, when there is a large material content
• Develops a Material Acquisition program plan and critical milestones compatible with overall program schedule
• Thoroughly reviews and guides preparation of purchase orders, RFPs, execution of subcontracts which are critical to the program
• Proposal preparation with respect to bill of materials accuracy and pricing
• Material summits and contract kick-offs with suppliers and internal team
• Meet master program plans and schedules identifying and assigning risks, and initiating necessary corrective action with supplier management to help maintain overall program conformance
Supplier Performance Management
• Responsible for total supplier performance for the program(s) or product value stream
• Ensure quality assurance flow down in all subcontracts and purchase orders
• Generate application of six sigma and lean principles and tools to improve supplier performance
• Responsible to partner with Quality and Procurement for Root Cause and Corrective Action documentation and actions addressing supplier non-conformances and schedule slips focused on recovery plans.
• Establish/negotiate material budgets to support manufactured items
• Establish and track monthly sales forecasts for materials and report variances and establish corrective actions thereto
• Support SCM metrics/initiatives and Advance Release requirements
• Establish potential volume buys (packaging in/out of business area)
• Establish material buy plan to achieve program financial objectives
• Manage earned value management system (EVMS) for acquired materials/services - when applicable
• Apply Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
• Apply security regulations concerning vendor visits or sharing information
• Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, NASA, CPSR, MMAS, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements
• Support auditing processes such as DCAA, CPSR, internal, etc.
• Critically reviews SCM policies and procedures for continuous improvement
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years' of experience in Supply Chain Management and/or Project Management OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 8 years' of experience in Supply Chain Management and/or Project Management required
An Associate's degree and a minimum of 12 years' of Supply Chain Management experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
• Prior experience leading a team/process/project
• Experience/Knowledge in BOM creation and accuracy
• Experience in Lean Applications
• Experience with supplier management and materials forecasting
• Experienced with Supply Chain and Program Management process, tools and protocols including capacity and make/buy analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• US Citizen
• Experienced in Aerospace supply chain environment dealing with both government and commercial customers
• ERP experience (Costpoint or Equivalent)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain