Northrop Grumman Composite Filament Winding Technician 4 in Commerce, California
Support our Composite Filament Wind process wrapping titanium pressure vessels with graphite fiber/epoxy resin using a multi-axis filament winder.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Demonstrate hands-on working knowledge of winding machines, resin mixing equipment, hoists, and curing ovens, including any other supplementary equipment required for the winding process
• Produce products per written work instructions, and/or process specifications.
• Ability to read and understand filament wind machine instructions and Curing Oven, safety procedures, and material and process specifications.
• Ability to perform Film Adhesive cutting, kitting, storage, and application.
• Ability to set-up and tear down production equipment associated to filament wind processing, and validate quality of winding process and adjust as necessary.
• Ability to setup and feed raw fiber and wet resin systems in compliance to winding requirements.
• Ability to assemble tooling fixtures onto tank assemblies and pressurizing in preparation for primer application and/or composite wrapping.
• Ability to use templates and other basic measuring equipment.
• Ability to comply with safety requirements, policies and guidelines to ensure safe, clean, orderly and productive working conditions.
• Must be highly productive with minimal guidance and supervision.
• Prompt escalation of quality or production issues to Manager or Engineering, including ability to offer solutions and suggestions to address the issue.
• Work well with other team members to accomplish scheduled production activities. Experienced with the safe handling of hazardous materials
• Ability to communicate effectively, perform basic math computations, basic computer skills, reading and comprehension of standard operating procedures.
• Demonstrate ability and willingness to cross train to perform other duties as assigned.
• Comply with all NGC company policies and procedures.
A High School Diploma OR GED and a minimum of 6 years' of experience operating a multi axis filament winder in a manufacturing environment is required
US Citizenship required
Knowledge of a Maclean-Anderson Cyclone winding machine would be a plus
Ability to operate spray guns for painting and/or applying primer.
Ability to operate universal tensile test machines, i.e Instron
Exposure / familiarity to create CNC winding programs, preferably Sim Wind software
Proficient in MS Office
Familiarity with working in aerospace, space environment.
Working knowledge of metallurgy and composites is highly desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production