Northrop Grumman Systems Administrator 2/3 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Systems Administrator 2/3
Requisition ID: 18006921
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment program.
Northrop Grumman has an opening on a sensor operations & sustainment contract for a Systems Administrator 2/3 that is highly self-motivated and directed, with high attention to detail; have creative problem-solving abilities; work with minimal oversight specializing in the management and operations of Linux server/workstation environment.
• Primary duties include installing, troubleshooting, updating/patching, and maintenance of virtualized Linux environments, lab assets, & IT infrastructure. Candidate will sustain operational uptime on Red Hat Linux systems and provide daily support for hardware and software issues, data recovery, system upgrades, software upgrades, and configuration issues.
• Secondary duties will include sustainment of Windows infrastructure (Windows 10, Windows 2012r2, and Windows 2016) on multiple networks to include group policy management, account creation, software troubleshooting, and active directory administration.
• System Administrator will perform security hardening on systems using DoD STIGs and other best practice security guidelines.
• Position will require up to 25% travel.
This position is contingent upon program award.
This position may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below:
• Level 2 - 3 Years with Bachelors in relevant field; 1 Year with Masters in relevant field or 7 years of Relevant IT experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
• Level 3 - 6 Years with Bachelors in relevant field; 4 Year with Masters in relevant field or 10 years of Relevant IT experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
• Must have U.S. Citizenship.
• Must have a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Proficiency installing, managing and maintaining systems in a heterogeneous O/S environment.
• Must have Security (or equivalent certification under DoD 8570.01-M) and Network
• Candidate should have good written and communication and be detail-oriented
• Experience supporting multiple labs and systems in a DoD classified environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Administrator 2/3
Location: Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: 18006921