Northrop Grumman System Test Analyst and Tool Developer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a System Test Analyst and Tool Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support the Command & Control Ballistic Missile Communications (C2BMC) program. Candidate is expected to travel as needed (less than 10%) but the majority of work will be conducted at Schriever AFB. Some non-standard work hours are possible intermittently.
This individual will be a part of a focused technical team verifying and validating metrics, statistics and descriptive analysis of test data from Ballistic Missile Defense Systems in development in support of national security. The candidate will perform research and analysis to identify meaningful metrics, patterns and trends from the test datasets, and use statistical methods to validate or reject hypotheses about the data. Techniques may include visualization, simulation, and system modeling to achieve the desired analysis results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the planning, scheduling and development of verification analysis tools
• Coordinate, develop and maintain analysis and test tracking tools
• Ensure proper backup/archiving of test products and analysis datasets (DM)
• Develop and maintain analysis tools in accordance with requirements provided by the test analysts including Excel-based tools (VBA) and ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) tools created in JAVA.
• Assist test tool analysts with technical troubleshooting and analysis of test traceability.
• Develop straightforward solutions to technical problems discovered and offer actionable insights to C2BMC decision makers.
• A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience OR 6 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
• Experience with Object oriented software; either Python, Java or C++/C#.
• An active Secret clearance or higher
• Experience with BMDS elements or components, to include operational systems (e.g., Aegis, Patriot, GMD, THAAD, SBX, Aegis) in either a test or operational environment.
• Experience in the use of COTS modeling, simulation and analysis tools
• Experience with the Linux environment.
• Experience with using and maintaining relational databases.
• Experience in the use of software test and analysis tools. Desired skills:
• Python programming experience.
• Bash or similar scripting experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology