Northrop Grumman System Administrator 3/4 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The NOALS team at Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a IT Systems Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
This person will support an operational program environment by helping design/develop new capabilities, troubleshoot/ resolve problems, and support real-time satellite launch events in a dynamic operational environment. As part of the NOPS IT Team, this position maintains the smooth operation of multi-domain multi-user computer systems. You will develop computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the company's system architecture standards. Establish and documents system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinate and/or modify system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Support rehearsals and day-of-launch activities. This is a position in which one has the opportunity to work at an operational customer facility in a dynamic environment where one can directly impact the success of an important mission.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
• For a Level 3: Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience; 4 years with a Master's; 0 years with a PhD; or 10 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- For a Level 4: Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience; 8 years with a Master's; 4 years with a PhD; or 14 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Complete understanding and application of Windows OS principles, theories and concepts
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining Active Directory and Group Policy for Windows 10 and Server 16
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining system backups
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining NFS/CIFS file systems
• Experience using security applications: HBSS, SCCM, ACAS
• Experience hardening server and client systems using DoD STIGS
• Security + or other 8570 approved certification
• Active TS/SCI with CI Poly required to start
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 (Principal) or level 4 (Senior Principal).
• Experience using RedHat OS
• Experience or understanding in serial communication
• COMSEC experience
• Experience using and/or maintain Atlassian applications: Jira, BitBucket, Confluence, Bamboo
• Experience designing/implementing/maintaining a Continuous Integration environment.
• Understanding of satellite operations/communications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology