At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Phoenix On Orbit Test Lead will be responsible for leading the effort to develop, document, and execute an on orbit test campaign aligned with the Phoenix customer goals for assessing readiness for a multi mission system to transition to operations. Phoenix is an ongoing and evolving program. This position will be based in Colorado Springs, CO.
• Plans, implements, and orchestrates end-to-end on orbit test activities that involves the Phoenix acquisition organization and FFRDC support, mission partners, multiple contractors, multiple missions, and external organizations
• Ensure alignment with the Phoenix system integration efforts to define, plan, and execute integration events to mature the delivered system including ground, operations products, space to ground interfaces, and space vehicles
• Develop and lead overall strategic plan for on orbit test. Understand customer expectations and constraints for planning and execution
• Define approach and execution for development of on orbit test products including plans and procedures, database products, resource requirements, correlation with predicted performance and behavior
• Manage team of system engineers and sub-project cost and schedule within allocated budget and schedule
• Act as NG presence at customer integrated test team meetings involving multiple external organizations
Candidates must be overall system/big picture thinkers with demonstrated leadership in system integration and operations.
Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment with other team members, including external customers and support organizations, associate sectors or contractors; adapt quickly, solve problems, resolve conflict, lead in dynamic environments with frequent change, and interface directly with high level customers and senior/executive company leadership.
Bachelor's Degree & 14 years systems engineering experience or Master's Degree & 9 years experience
System development and test experience
Led a team of engineers on development and test campaigns
Deployment of operational systems
Must have US Citizenship with current or active Top Secret Clearance
Experience with end-to-end system testing and operations
Experience with space and ground integration including with externals
On orbit test planning and execution experience
Experience in multiple mission areas, program phases, and systems engineering processes
Top Secret Clearance with current SCI
Salary Range: $146,300 - $219,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs