Northrop Grumman Space & Satellite Staff Engineer Software in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position that will support the software development effort associated with a sensor sustainment and development contract, which includes:
• Provide lead SW engineering support for critical BMEWS PAVE PAWS Radar systems for missile warning, space domain awareness, and missile defense.
• Serve as Functional Lead for a team of 20+ Software Engineers
• Support multiple SW delivery orders, and provide SME level SW guidance and resource planning.
• Provide leadership that utilizes lean and agile principles.
• Provide BPP SW Lead coordination with other BPP functional leads (SE, HW, Test, Cyber)
• Position may require up to 5% travel.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 14 years or more of professional experience; or a Master's degree and 12 years of experience in a related discipline.
• Proven track record leading Software Engineering resources allocated to medium-to-large size software development projects.
• Experience coordinating Software Engineering/System Administration resources within budget and scheduling constraints.
• Strong understanding of agile principles as well as other lean methodologies.
• Strong understanding of C++ and Python code base.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Must have a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Primary location in Colorado Springs to enable frequent interactions with Government customer located at Peterson AFB, CO
• Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Domain Awareness missions.
• Familiarity with mission level processing of phased array radars such as digital/signal processing, Receiver/Exciter processing, Operator Displays, multi target trackers, and scheduling.
• Professional Scrum Master, or Certified Scrum Master.
• Experience as a Control Account Manager, PMP
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow for employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of of benefits including healthcare insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering