Northrop Grumman Software or Principal Software/DevSecOps Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Engineer to join a team of highly skilled and diverse individuals specializing in solving cyber challenges of national interest. The successful candidate is self-motivated, energetic, and experienced software engineering with a background in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Successful candidates will participate in software requirements analysis, design, implementation, unit testing, integration, verification, documentation, configuration management and maintenance of software solutions for a broad range of applications with exposure to a variety of programs that provide critical solutions to US government agencies and the Department of Defense.
This position involves developing software solutions to national security threats with products that will involve development of technologies that support reverse engineering or vulnerability research of network and communication systems. The position requires solid software development skills including a familiarity with scripting languages. The position also requires familiarity with operating system fundamentals and network configuration. Knowledge of computer networking, modern software development environments, machine learning, and software configuration management tools is a plus.
The selected engineer will work with various multi-disciplined product development teams to develop software systems and tools, participate in technical reviews and provide customer support. This position includes:
• Analysis/modification of existing software
• Generation of applicable documentation, software user manuals and presentations
• Interfacing with customers, program management and technical staff
• Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
• Occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed belowThis requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Software Engineer or Prinicpal Software Engineer level.
• For a Software Engineer- 2 Years of Software Engineering experience with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related STEM degree field; OR 0 Years with Masters of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; OR 6 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• For a Principal Software Engineer- 5 Years of Software Engineering experience with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related STEM degree field; OR 2 Years with Masters of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; OR 9 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• Experience in software engineering with one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, and Python
• Experience with 2 or more of the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, BSD, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret SCI with CI Poly.
• Experience in software development to include any of the following: web applications, user interface, embedded or network applications
• Familiarity with common source control tools (git, Mercurial, etc.) and automated build system workflows (Jenkins, Go, etc.)
• Exposure to the Agile methodology
• Experience developing software for multiple operating system environments
• Familiarity with virtual machine technology
• Development of lower level networking protocols such as IP, TCP, and UDP
• Ability to develop and implement shell code
• Ability to understand secure / insecure programming concepts (format string vulnerabilities, heap overflows, etc.)
• Familiarity with Cyber technologies and/or penetration testing
• Active Top Secret security clearance
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your benefits will include the following:
• Health Plan Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Education Assistance
• Training and Development
• Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Salary Minimum: $74,240
Salary Maximum: $111,360
Principal Software Engineer:
Salary Minimum: $92,000
Salary Maximum: $138,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits. https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering